Here you will find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the release of patch 4.0.3a. While many have already been deployed on all realms, some may not be implemented until the next time your realm is restarted. We will continue to update this thread in the days ahead as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Alterac Valley, Isle of Conquest, and Strand of the Ancients should no longer attempt to place players in a level 80-84 bracket.
- Players should no longer be disconnected from a realm when attempting to take an item out of the mail which has been marked for deletion.
- The title “Champion of [guildname]” can no longer be improperly awarded to players.
- The amount of gold received when converting Battleground Marks of Honor above the honor cap has been reduced to the intended amount.
- The damage done by the following abilities has been reduced by approximately 17%: Mangle (Bear), Maul, Lacerate, Pulverize, Swipe (Bear), Thrash.
- A second pet can no longer be summoned when the active pet is dead.
- Arcane Concentration will not go on internal cooldown when it fails to proc.
- The damage from Deep Freeze on stun-immune targets is now properly benefitting from Frostburn, including when increased by Mastery Rating on gear.
- Frostfire Orb now correctly triggers Ignite on critical hits.
- Pyroblast! made available by Hot Streak will no longer consume Clearcasting.
- When Scorch is cast by a mage who has Improved Scorch Rank 2, it will no longer consume Clearcasting.
- Shatter now only increases the chance for Molten Armor’s damage to be a critical strike when the target is actually frozen, as intended.
- Glyph of Light of Dawn no longer incorrectly reduces the healing of Light of Dawn.
- Prayer of Healing is now properly healing all of the target’s party members, unless they are further than 30 yards away.
- Twisted Faith no longer gives a 4% damage increase to Mind Flay when Shadow Word: Pain is active on a target.
- Envenom now properly scales with Potent Poisons.
- Soul Fire will no longer consume both Empowered Imp and Soulburn when they are active. It will consume Empowered Imp and leave Soulburn still active.
- Shield Slam’s damage has been reduced by about 28% at level 15, with less, but still noticeable reductions at higher levels.
- The Wayward Fire Elemental is now properly tracked on the mini-map for the quest “Ice and Fire”.
- Fishing daily quests in Stormwind and Orgrimmar have returned.
- Players will now reach their flight destination properly for the quest “Fuselight, Ho!”
- It is no longer possible to use all the charges on the Purified Moonwell Water at a single brazier for the quest “Dousing the Flames of Protection”.
- The tauren quest “Heeding the Call” has been removed from the game and is no longer improperly still being offered to players.
- Players should now be able to champion a capital city and earn reputation in Heroic and normal Wrath of the Lich King dungeons while wearing that city’s tabard.
- Players are no longer required to discover Wrath of the Lich King dungeons before accessing them via Looking For Dungeon.
- Players should no longer be interrupted when eating or drinking in a Battleground before the battle starts.
- Many former Steamwheedle Goblins have switched over to the Gadgetzan faction. If a players happens to be “At War” with these NPCs, they will no longer attack in many areas.
- Collision has been removed from Argent Tournament banners so they can no longer block players.
- The door to the Alliance Keep in Isle of Conquest should again be closed at the beginning of the battle.
- Creatures spawned during the Hadronox encounter no longer award reputation.
- After changing races to tauren and learning the Sunwalker Kodo mounts, they continue to remain available after porting, zoning, and relogging.
- Trapjaw Rix no longer has a duplicate manifestation standing on top of himself.
- Players can no longer catch new high-level fish when fishing near level 80-85 zones unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm.
- Death Strike now properly heals for 20% of the damage taken within the last 5 seconds, and Blood Presence now increases armor contribution from items by 30%, down from 60%.
- The heal from Gift of the Earth Mother when the druid casts Rejuvenate is now gaining the correct benefit from Improved Rejuvenate.
- Flame Orb will no longer attack PvP-flagged enemies unless the mage is already flagged for PvP combat.
- The Empowered Shadow buff is no longer granted when a player cancels the Shadow Orb buff. Mind Blast correctly removes the Shadow Orb buff and grants Empowered Shadow.
- The Glyph of Shadow Word: Death no longer provides the outdated 10% bonus damage to targets under 25% health when Shadow Word: Death is cast.
- Bane of Havoc no longer persists when overwritten by another Bane.
- The quest “Reinforcements from Theramore” can now be obtained by Alliance players.
- Players no longer keep the invisibility aura and the Hunting buff after logging out while in the wolf vehicle on the quest “The Wolf and the Kodo”.
- The quest “Diplomacy By Another Means” no longer auto-completes in the field.
- The spawn rate for Frostmane Scavengers in Dun Morogh has been substantially increased.
- Obtaining the achievement for completing quests in Silverpine now requires 55 quests, down from 60. The interface will still list it as 60 required quests until a client-side patch is applied.
- Players should no longer get stuck in a phased state when attempting to complete the quest “To the Rescue!”
- Players are now able to complete the quest “Uther’s Blessing” by using the item Chillwind Tribute at Uther’s Tomb.
- Horde players are no longer able to obtain the Stormpike Insignia Rank 2 from Lieutenant Haggerdin while on the quest “Infiltration”.
- Experience granted by quests in Arathi Highlands has been increased.